Under certain circumstances, students can use some of the options in Chrome’s Developer Tools menu to bypass GoGuardian Admin’s monitoring and filtering abilities. Due to this, it is important to block students from being able to access the Developer Tools menu.
To block students from using Chrome’s Developer Tools menu:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com.
- Click on Device Management.
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen.
- Click on User Settings.
- Select an OU containing students.
- Scroll to the User Experience heading.
- Using the Developer Tools dropdown menu, select the Never allow use of built-in developer tools option.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.