GoGuardian Admin’s student filtering and monitoring is handled by a pair of extensions. When Chrome is in Incognito Mode, it doesn’t load any extensions. Due to this, it is important to prevent students from being able to launch Chrome in Incognito Mode.
To block Incognito Mode:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com.
- Click on Device Management.
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen.
- Click on User Settings.
- Select an OU containing students.
- Scroll to the Security heading.
- Using the Incognito Mode dropdown menu, select the Disallow incognito mode option.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.