To ensure that all policies set in Google Admin console and in GoGuardian Admin apply to all of your students, it is important to prevent students from signing into Chrome devices at school in Guest Mode, which can be used to bypass GoGuardian Admin’s filtering and monitoring abilities.
Additional important settings for restricting device sign-in include:
To block guest mode:
- Using your administrator-level credentials, log into the Google Admin console at admin.google.com.
- Click on Device Management.
- Click on Chrome Management, under the Device Settings heading on the left side of the screen.
- Click on Device Settings.
- Select an OU containing students.
- Scroll to the Sign-in Settings heading.
- Using the Allow Guest Mode dropdown menu, select the Do not allow guest mode option.
- At the bottom of the screen, click Save.