One of our most frequently requested features is finally here! With In School Mode and Out of School Mode, independent sets of Policies can be set for when students are on and off campus or during and after school hours.
By default, Out of School Mode is disabled, meaning that policies configured for In School Mode will be applied 24/7. To enable out of school mode, navigate to Filtering > Assign > Scheduling Settings and flip the "Enable Out of School Mode" switch.
Once Out of School Mode is enabled, a whole new Org chart will be created. An independent or similar set of Policies can then be applied to Org Units.
A. Enable and Configure Out of School Mode
- Enable Out of School Mode
- Enabled: Allows for two independent sets of Policies to be attached to your Org Structure, one for when your students are at school or during school hours, and one for when they are off campus or online after hours
- Disabled: Only one set of Policies will be applied to your Org Structure 24/7.
- Filter During Out of School Mode
- Enabled: Filtering Policies will be in effect during Out of School Mode
- Disabled: Disables filtering Policies for Out of School Mode
- Monitor During Out of School Mode
- Enabled: Web activity will be logged during Out of School Mode
- Disabled: Web Activity will not be logged during Out of School Mode
B. In School Hours - Configure a schedule for In School Mode. If a student connects outside of school hours, Out of School Mode filtering Policies will take effect.
C. In School IP range - Enter a range of public IP addresses used on your campus network(s). If a student connects to a network that has a public IP address outside of this range, Out of School Mode filtering Policies will take effect.