The internet doesn't stay stagnant and neither should your Chromebook filtering software. GoGuardian's flagged activity feature searches every page viewed to help catch sites that may be missed by traditional filtering.
Using proprietary software techniques, GoGuardian searches through the content and meta data for every website visited on a monitored Chromebook to help catch inappropriate content that may slip past traditional blacklists and filters. View high-level lists of flagged sites for your entire organization or deep-dive into individual user activity to see exactly who was accessing the flagged content to help you better determine how to respond. GoGuardian also gives you the ability to easily add flagged sites to its blacklist or whitelist with just the click of a button, so you can improve your Chromebook filtering quickly based on your review.
Navigate to the Flagged Activity tab to see a quick overview of the Flagged Activity for you organization. You can also select an OU from the dropdown at the top to dive into the Flagged Activity for just a single OU. Here is an example of what you might see:
Starting from the left you will see the domain that was flagged for inappropriate content, the date and time that the activity occurred, the email of the user who accessed the site, the threat level (larger numbers are more severe), and the actions you can take for this flag.
You can narrow down your results by using the search box or by changing the timeframe for the information using the dropdown provided.
Clicking on the Flagged Event will display more information about the exact page that was visited. Below is an example of what might be displayed.
- The domain that was flagged. Clicking on this will open the flagged event to display more detail.
- The time/date that the flag occurred.
- The user that incurred the flag.
Note: You can have more than one user trigger a flagged event for a domain and they will all appear once you select the event itself.
- The severity level of the flag, calculated with a proprietary algorithm. Larger numbers indicate higher severity.
- Clicking this button will whitelist the site listed in (1) so that new flags will not be generated when students visit this site in the future..
- Clicking this button will blacklist the site listed in (1) so that the site will be blocked following the next policy update (every 15 minutes or so).
- Clicking this button will delete all the bundled flags from that site (there can be multiple flags for a domain either from different users or the same user visiting several pages in a domain).
Note: This does not delete the term, it will only remove that specific activity.
- These are the words that were flagged. The number next to the term represents how many times the term appeared on the page or in it’s meta data. Please refer to our help article on Flagged Terms for more information.
You can download a CSV of this information by first selecting the time frame that you'd like the data from (use the dropdown box) and press the button that says Download CSV.