In the Google Apps Admin Console go to Device Management > Chrome Management. From here we can change the necessary settings to ensure GoGuardian is operating at its full potential.
- From Chrome Management go to User Settings
- In the Apps and Extensions section ensure that you’ve allowed the extensions from the Getting Started tab on the dashboard.
- In the Security section of User Settings ensure that Incognito mode is set to Disallow Incognito Mode so that a user cannot bypass GoGuardian.
- Furthermore in the Security section we recommend that you set Geolocation to to Allow sites to detect users' geolocation, this will provide the best location information for users and when a device is in Theft Recovery.
- In the User Experience section of User Settings make sure that Developer Tools are set to Never allow use of built-in developer tools.
- In Device Settings:
- Make sure that Guest Mode is disabled by selecting Do not allow guest mode.
- Restrict sign-in only to users in your domain. Do this by entering *@example.edu into the Sign-In restriction box. This will prevent users from signing into their Chromebooks using their non-school usernames.
- In the Google Apps Admin Console Dashboard go to Security > API Reference > API Access > Enable API Access
With the settings above users will not be able to get around GoGuardian’s filtering or monitoring.